American Bird Conservancy
Title: Grants Manager
Supervisor: Vice President for Development
Location: Washington, D.C. or The Plains, VA
Submission Deadline: March 15, 2020
This is a full-time position with American Bird Conservancy (ABC) in Washington, D.C. or The Plains, Virginia. The Grants Manager’s principal responsibility is to support the fundraising team in their stewardship of grants from donors to American Bird Conservancy.
The Grants Manager should be extremely diligent and detail-oriented, with a strong background in non-profit budgets and finance, and an understanding of match requirements, project tracking, and fundraising timelines. This position requires computer proficiency, excellent organizational and writing skills, a data-driven mindset, and willingness to quickly learn and adopt ABC programs and structures. They are in regular contact, in person and by telephone and email correspondence, with ABC staff. This work requires initiative, flexibility, accuracy, and attention to detail.
1. Contribute to proposal and budget development, including editing and review of proposals and budgets to ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
2. Assist with donor reporting, including organizing reporting documents, assembling information, and reviewing donor reports with development officers.
3. Review grants and contracts for organizational adherence to required federal and other donor requirements.
4. Support the development team as needed on financial and operational aspects of project implementation, including developing subcontracts, tracking grant/contract reporting, match requirements.
5. Maintain and support revenue tracking systems; update the system for new fiscal years; and provide training on systems to staff.
6. Develop, maintain, and process grants/contracts files.
7. Serve as a liaison with the Finance Department.
8. Assist with other projects as needed.
1. Two or more years of relevant, full time experience in grants and contracts administration.
2. Bachelor’s degree required.
3. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Attention to deadlines and detail-oriented, particularly with regard to donor agreements, contracts and other related legal documents.
5. Team player, and able to work independently.
6. Strong MS Office skills, including demonstrated experience working with databases
7. Patience and perseverance in understanding and explaining issues with program staff
8. US work authorization is required for all ABC US opportunities. ABC cannot offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
9. Ability to travel to both Washington, D.C. and The Plains, VA.
10. Dedication to American Bird Conservancy’s conservation mission.
Your application was submitted successfully.